.

Monday, April 15, 2019

Story of an Hour Essay Example for Free

Story of an Hour EssayIn A Story of an Hour, Mr. Bentley m entirelyard was a controling regard that completely dominated his marri duration with his wife Mrs. Louise m bothard. Through forbidden the story Mrs. mallard longed for some contour of freedom. She could never have that freedom because from a young early age she was empowered by her stirs and when she became of age she married and her husband became in charge. You see freedom is something that we all crave, whether it be something insignificant or something humans shattering we all have the will and desire to do whatever we please no matter how silly it is we long to do things with out judgment or with out someone telling you what to do and how to do it. From the time that I was born, to the time that I reached about 14 years old in that respect was an invisible barrier that developed called The Sacred Places in bread and butter. This Sacred Place separated me from the alfresco world. As a kid I was always told to encumbrance inside unless I went outside with a p arent or some sort of guardian watching everyplace me. Thereason behind this was not to victuals us from all of the fun things that are outside of the four walls of my house, but it was to keep me safe and bushel from harm.However if I did happen to go outside with out any sort of supervision I were punished with a spank or a stern voice informing me to never do that again or else I would be in bigger trouble. In A Story of an Hour, Louise Mallard was trapped in her home and was not aloud to go outside under any circumstance. Mr. Mallard didnt let her go out because in those sidereal days women were treated as property and not as actual deal with rights.When I was a little bit younger I horizon that I knew everything and that I was my possess person that had nobody to tell me what to do, and although I thought I knew it all until I reached the age of 18 I had to realized that I was my parents property and I had to submit t o on that point authority. No matter what I did or what I said to them to try to convince them to let me do something that I wanted to do they would always stay true to there decisioneven it do me upset and frustrated with my parents.In the Story of an Hour, Mr. Mallard (the husband) was the head of the house this meant that the house and everything in it was his including that people that lived in it. Being that Mrs. Mallard was his wife, he too owned her. Unlike me, Mrs. Mallard was contempt she knew her manipulation and her place in society and with out a word she obeyed she was used to this because this is how she was raised her whole life, she never questioned any authority. During this era married women and children were not aloud outside unless there were special circumstances such(prenominal) as a wedding or funeral, etc. This somewhat resembled my familybecause as I said ahead if I was being supervised by someone that was older than me and responsible (special circumsta nce) I was aloud outside to play in the yard. However I was aloud to go out when there wasnt a funeral or wedding.When it comes down to it I believe that every single person wants freedom, I remember as a young kid requireing out of windows everywhere I went. I would always look out and imagine what certain things looked like. For instance when I would fetch on the freeway freeing towards capital of Arizona I would always pass the downtown area of Tucson and I would see big buildings towering over the city and I always wondered who lived there, what type of foods were over there, and umteen more different things like that. I think what fascinates all of us is being able to understand and know the unknown. Whats behind the mantlepiece? Whats behind the wall? Whats behind door number three?Those are questions we all ask. Throughout A Story of an Hour I honestly wasnt captured by the story until Mrs. Mallard was lying on her deathbed. They story says that she looked out the windo w. To me when the author says this I believe that she is yearning for the outside world and thinking about all of the things she could have done. 1 can only imagine what is going through her mind at this point because when I was 13 I would long to do something I wasnt aloud to do and was always so consumed by the fact that I would have to stay behind and do whatever my parents did, but Mrs. Mallard on the otherhand is on her Deathbed and has no control ofwhat she can do anymore. Mrs. Mallard hasnt done any of the things that she truly wanted to do in life and is forced to watch the world go by while she is helplessly on her deathbed.Has there ever been a time in your life where you wanted something so bad for so long but never actually got it, but on the day you finally got it suddenly baffled interest in the object. Well thats how I was. From the age of 14 I wanted to drive and do my own thing. I literally counted down the days that I would be able to drive. The day finally came w hen I could drive and I was so excited and for the next few months I was on cloud nine. However as time went on I found my self strongly disliking the problem of driving, and I would be always asked to drive at night when I was tired so my public address system could sleep, or my parents would ask me to go to the store for them at 11pm. The things that I didnt think about, came back to obsess me.Another example would be when I would ask for the new game system that had just came out and after a few months it would be stuck behind the closet collecting dust because I was tire of it. Mrs. Mallard never had that freedom she never had a choice or anything like that so it was something that she couldnt have that made her want to be her own person. At the end of the story she was told that her husband had died, she became so excited that her heart began to beat at an extremely fast rate. Freedom and independence were something that she longed for, for such a long time and she finally had it.When Mr. Mallard walked into the room her heart and mind filled with so many emotions, she didnt know what to do and how to do it so she was completely shocked. According to the doctors she died of joy. She thought that she had finally been freed from the life she was living but when she saw her husband things change. I believe that we all long to be our own person with no direction, but I believe that over time wegrow accustomed to the things we are comfortable with even if we dont like what we are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment