.

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Malcom X and Amy Tan

Hide Course carte Menu Management Options Refresh Display Course Menu in a Window Course Menu PREP 108 Introduction to College composing Houses Entry Page Announcements Syllabus and Course Schedule Instructor BIO unit of measurement 1 unit 2 My Grades Tools Course Evaluation Email My association Student Help Reading Blob 2 Malcolm X and erythema solare Actions for suffice Page Create Blob Entry View Drafts Content Please answer the following questions as thoroughly as possible. piece of music these entries are due Wednesday September 3 before class, you are pleasing to take until Friday to complete them. Malcolm X, Learning to Read Questions (from 50 Essays) .How did the process by which Malcolm selected to depict differ from the typical way people learn to read? 2. Though Malcolm changed many of his views after the m covered in this portion of his autobiography, the project of recovering African floor remained important to him and cadaver important to many African Ameri cans. How do you react to his claims almost African history? Tan, pay back Tongue 1 . List the different slope Tan describes, defining each(prenominal). 2. Do you use different languages yourself? Even if slope is your sole language, fancy how your use of it hanged depending on circumstances and audience.Write an essay in which you describe the different ways you speak and the meaning of these differences. Friday, September 5, 2014 Malcolm X and Tan Posted by Access the profile card for exploiter Alexis Gang September 5, 2014 AM KODAK Alexis Gang Proof. Day PREP aside 5 September 2014 Alexis Gang at Friday, 1 . Malcolm X erudite how to read different from many other people, he learned how to read at the Norfolk Prison. At the prison he would read the dictionary to construct a better understand of how to read a book and contend the meaning of every word.Malcolm was so interested in the dictionary he would spend three to four hours sitting on his cell home Just for the lig ht to read constantly. Malcolm read during late hours all the beat to the point he knew when the guards did a night walk through of each cell hallway. 2. Malcolm Axs view on African American history was surprise and do me think that some points he made did actually polish off sense in some parts. One point that was interesting was when he said If you started with a disconsolate man, a white man could be produced but starting with a Whitman, you never could produce a black man- cause the white gene is recessive (peg. 77). Malcolm made sense of the views of African American history to the point where reading this autobiography has me thinking that mayhap the world did start off with a black man quite of a white man. His views did give me a outlook on the history and makes me want to read to a greater extent into black history and see if it is true(a) that we started with a black man instead of white man. Tan Mother Tongue 1 . Tan describes standard position as a form of Engl ish where the grammar is perfect along with the tenses.Along with standard English she likewise talked about the way she alas to her family and husband where that is called English of intimacy. The English that made an impact on her was her mothers English where some would call it limited English (peg. 419) where their English is unclear or non perfect. 2. English has been my first language. I was born in Fairbanks, Ak where everyone just speaks English and no terms or slang Just regular good ole English of yes maam and yes sir. As a child I learned how to talk from my parents, because as babies you borrow words and sounds like a parrot.I have really never aim thought into how my English is use, but thinking of it now my English has changed from existence a little nestling to and adult now. As a kid the way I talked I would always use anti and consider it a word and would argue if it was a word or not to everyone. Looking back at it anti wasnt a word and I wasnt using standar d English my English was limited at the time to where some people could not understand what I was talking about half the time. As time went on my English got better with more knowledge and words I had learned throughout my life in school to where I became great at standard English.

No comments:

Post a Comment